protect against free radicals, moisturize, and heal
what brazil nuts do
Brazil nuts may help protect the skin from the ageing effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays as well as from cigarette smoke in both active and passive smokers. They can also play a role in keeping the very top layers of skin watertight and the lower layers moist and hydrated to help reduce dryness. Brazil nuts may also be involved in reducing the problem of blemishes by promoting rapid healing.
why brazil nuts work
The selenium found in brazil nuts is crucial for the production of the antioxidant glutathione peroxidase, which helps protect the skin from free-radical damage in the first 20 minutes of sun exposure. Combined with the vitamin E in Brazil nuts, selenium also helps neutralize free radicals in cigarette smoke, which trigger the release of collagen-attacking, skin-ageing MMP-1 enzymes. By zapping free radicals, glutathione peroxidase and vitamin E also help protect the skin’s oil and essential fats that keep it watertight and hydrated, while vitamin E promotes skin healing.
brazil nut recipe
Chop and add to breakfast cereals such as muesli or porridge. When grated, Brazils can be mixed with cottage cheese and chopped peaches or sprinkled over salads. Serve them whole with fruit and cheese. If blanched, chopped or grated, Brazils works with bread mixes, nut burgers and rissoles.
- Oily Skin: Use Best Products
- Natural Facial Hair removal for Women- Give your face an enhanced beauty by removing unwanted hair naturally
- Home treatments for Hives: Control the bumps within few seconds
- What the Jovees Face Pack and Face Cream Will Do
- Kerastase Bain Nutri Thermique is Great for Dry Hair
- Features of Kristen Ronaldo’s Appearance
- Lakme Fruit Blast Face Washes Reviews Feature Great Scents
- Lakme Fruit Moisture Has Fruit Extracts in Many Forms
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- Perfect Pedicure Tips for Beautiful Legs